- Visit England 4* Gold Award 2017, 2018 and 2019
- 2 stylish cottages with glorious views
- Direct access to RSPB Broadwater Warren nature reserve
- Use of private bird hide overlooking nature reserve
- Regency Spa Town of Tunbridge Wells less than 2 miles
- Accessible accommodation
SELF-CATERING IN SUSSEX
2 detached stylish cottages in their own gardens with glorious views. Both cottages have been awarded Visit England 4* and the Gold Award for the exceptional quality of their accommodation. A rural retreat less than an hour from London by train and taxi, and 45 minutes drive from Gatwick airport, perched on a ridge in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Flying Horse Cottage
- 2 en-suite bedrooms (1 super king/1 king)m
- Luxury under-floor gas heating throughout and wood burning stove
- 2 outdoor seating areas, a paved terrace and a decking viewing platform
- Own garden with access to 4 acres of woodland and pasture
- Fully accessible living on one level
- Bond’s Cottage Barn
- 1 king size bedroom with ensuite wetroom
- Luxury under-floor gas heating throughout
- Outside seating area on decking
- Enclosed private meadow garden, with daisies, cowslips and orchids
- Accessible living on one level
Bond’s Stable Conversion & Bird Hide has received grant funding from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development which has supported the conversion of a stable block into an accessible holiday let and the construction of an accessible bird hide
Flying Horse Cottage is set in four acres of pasture and woodland and has private access to the ten acres of Bond’s Heath on which the owners have a fully equipped bird hide that guests can use to enjoy the countryside in all weather - birding, sketching or simply chilling. Bond’s Heath and the hide overlook the 450 acre RSPB Broadwater Warren and there is direct access to explore the Nature Reserve which leads on to the adjoining sandstone outcrops of Eridge and Harrison Rocks, both great picnic spots and some of the best rock climbing in southern England.
The cottage has two en-suite bedrooms with king and super king beds and TV's in each. There is a wet room with a walk-in shower and a bathroom with a steel Bette bath. The cottage is tiled throughout and has fitted oak kitchen units handmade by a local craftsman, luxury underfloor gas heating and a wood burning stove. It is all on one level and fully accessible. The living area has two sofas, a desk and a wall mounted TV. Outside the living room is a stone terrace with a Rattan table and chairs and outside the dining area is a decking platform with benches, both these seating areas have glorious views across the valley of Spratsbrook Farm towards Tunbridge Wells in the distance.
Flying Horse Cottage is ideally suited for couples and families with children aged 8 and over. It is not suitable for children under 8 as the garden areas are unfenced and lead to woodland and a pond. We do not take dogs except for guide dogs.
Bond's Cottage Barn is detached, has an enclosed meadow garden and private access to 10 acres of Bond's Heath on which the owners have a fully equipped bird hide which guests can use to enjoy the countryside in all weather. Bond's Heath is adjacent to the 450 acre RSPB Broadwater Warren reserve.
The barn has one king size with an ensuite wet room. The barn is one level and is tiled throughout with luxury underfloor gas heating. The open-plan living area has a sofa and wall mounted 42" smart TV. The kitchen area is equipped with a hob, bosch combi oven/microwave, under counter fridge and eating area with bar stools overlooking the garden and views towards Spratsbrook farm in the valley below.
Outside there is a small decking area with a metal table and two rattan chairs.
Bond's Cottage barn is ideal for couples exploring South East England. Business travellers are also welcome
But it is not just about nature – The Pantiles, the 17th century Regency spa resort that made Tunbridge Wells famous for Royal visitors, is less than two miles away, with its shops, restaurants and entertainment. There is a farm shop just minutes down the road with an outstanding butcher and deli and there is an excellent baker in Groombridge 2 miles away. Groombridge also has a station on the Spa Valley steam railway which runs into Tunbridge Wells.
Broadwater Forest Cottages is perfectly located for day trips to London and Brighton, both are less than an hour's travel. There are five UNESCO World Heritage Sites within 90 minutes, The Tower of London, Westminster Hall, Greenwich, Canterbury and Kew Gardens. Within half an hour are Chartwell, the home of Sir Winston Churchill, Hever Castle, Penshurst Place, Scotney Castle and just five minutes down the road is the moated Elizabethan country house, Groombridge Place. For garden lovers Great Dixter and Sissinghurst are within 45 minutes and are two of the finest gardens in England.
- Travel by train to Tunbridge Wells (3 miles) or Eridge (2 miles) and then catch the 29 bus
- Travel by bus Tunbridge Wells - Brighton (no 29) stops at the Bunny Lane junction just five minutes walk from Flying Horse Cottage and Bond's Cottage Barn.
- Travel by bicycle: Flying Horse Cottage and Bond's Cottage Barn are less than 1 mile from the 21 cycle route which runs from Greenwich to Eastbourne.
- Travel by car: We are easily accessible from London, Gatwick and Brighton