Flying Horse Cottage has been designed by us and built with the help of local craftsmen and artists. We welcome visitors and hope that you will enjoy staying in the cottage but we remind you that the hirer is responsible for the property and is expected to take all reasonable care of it. We request that you do not move the furniture and that the property with all equipment, utensils etc must be left clean and tidy with everything returned to their original places at the end of the hire period.
|Access to house and keys:
· The key to the front door is in a safe box to the right of the front door. We will text you the passcode. Please ensure that when leaving the house that you lock the door and put the key back in the safe box.
· If you are out at night please remember to take a torch with you. There is a rechargeable torch which guests are welcome to use which you will find in the desk in the corner of the living room
· Flying Horse Cottage is the perfect place to explore this lovely corner of South East England. There is a section on our website www.broadwaterforestcottages.com which gives lots of ideas under the headings, birdwatching, chilling, creating, climbing, cycling, exploring, golfing, walking and visiting our local historic spa town Tunbridge Wells.
· The use of the amenities, where offered, is entirely at the user’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to the user’s or visitor’s belongings. However, we do not seek to exclude or limit liability for negligence.
As the cottage and the decking area are made out of wood we ask guests not to have barbecues.
· Bond’s bird hide is available for guest’s use. The key to access the hide is located in a keysafe to the left of the door near ground level. The code is in our cottage notes in the information folder. The birdhide is equipped with benches and a table, and there are also folding chairs and a picnic table which can be taken outside. There is a notebook inside the hide for guests who would like to record wildlife sightings.
· Binoculars for guests use can be found inside the small box on the left hand side of the chest in the living room. If you take these to the bird hide please ensure you return them to the chest.
· A small wicker basket with glasses, a thermos and mugs is provided for guests use should they wish to take drinks to the hide. This is kept in the chest in the living room. Please make sure you return the basket to the chest after use.
· There is no charge for the use of the birdhide although we welcome donations and these will be given to the RSPB for a special project in the reserve. If you would like to give a donation please put this in an envelope and leave this on the dining table. Envelopes can be found inside desk
· If you have a complaint during your stay, please email email@example.com immediately specifying your complaint. No complaints can be considered after your departure from the property.
· We don’t accept dogs, except for guide dogs for visually impaired guests.
· We welcome guests feedback. Please either fill in a feedback form, email us after your stay or you can write in the visitor’s book which can be found on top of the cupboard under the TV in the living room.
· Katherine Craft “Florist in the Forest” is our neighbour at Forest Lodge only 400 yards away. Should you wish to order flowers for your arrival her contact details are:-
|Heating, hot water and electricity:
· Electricity All lights in the living room are on dimmer switches and are on a panel just inside the front door. The lights for the stained glass and outside light for the decking area are situated to the left of the french doors by the kitchen area.
· Shaving sockets can be found inside the bathroom cabinets in the bathroom/wetroom
· Spare light bulbs/fuses There are spare light bulbs and spare fuses in the 2nd drawer of the writing desk in the corner of the living room. The fuse box is located in the cupboard beneath the TV in the living room.
· Towel rails The switches to turn on the towel rails can be found just outside the door to the bathroom/wetroom
· Underfloor heating The underfloor heating gives a constant temperature throughout the cottage. Outside the summer months we have set the heating on 24 hour thermostatic controls with a boost in the morning and early evening. Please do not attempt to adjust the heating. Should guests wish to adjust the heating please contact us.
|Laundry and Linen:
· All beds are made up and ready for use. We supply towels for guests to use in the house, but ask that you do not take these outside
· The washing machine is situated in the kitchen. There is a clothes airer at the back of the open cupboard in the living room.
· Fuller’s Farm Shop is approximately ½ mile away on Bunny Lane and has a quality butchers, cheese and cold meat counter and sells local fruit and veg and other groceries. If you wish to order provisions ahead of your arrival their contact details are as follows:-
Telephone: Tel: 01892 541238 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Groombridge Bakery is 2 miles away
· Tunbridge Wells is 1.5 miles away. Nearest supermarket is Sainsbury’s just off A26 on the way into town.
There is a large log basket provided for guests use. Should you need additional logs these can be purchased from us for £5 a basket.
There are ordnance survey maps for guest’s use on top of the cupboard underneath the TV. There is a map to the right of the front door which is centred on Flying Horse Cottage.
· The Patio area has a table and four chairs. We request that guests do not move these.
· The decking area outside the kitchen area has benches and is a great spot to sit and have a drink on a summer’s evening. Cushions for the decking area are kept in the cupboard/on the chest in the living room.
· The garden area around Flying Horse Cottage is not fenced and so is not suitable for children to be left unsupervised. There is a woodland path through the woodland marked by yellow paint on the trees.
· Bond’s Heath, just across the lane is available for guests use. There is a woodland path from Flying Horse Cottage which runs parallel to the lane at the end of which you can cross over to Bond’s Heath.
· There are two parking spaces one at the back of the cottage and one to the side of the cottage for guests’ use.
· Flying Horse Cottage will comfortably sleep 4 people. On no account should this number be exceeded. The owners reserve the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties which may, in their opinion, be unsuitable for the property concerned.
· The bins are kept at the end of the drive. The black bin is for general rubbish and the green one is for recyclables, paper,cardboard plastic and tins and glass.
· There is a hessian bag in the kitchen area for putting your recyclables in.
· Collection day is Thursday.
· By Bus: There is a bus stop at the end of the road where it joins the A26. Buses run hourly into Tunbridge Wells and to Brighton
· By Train: Tunbridge Wells Station is 2 ½ miles away with frequent trains to London. Change at Tonbridge for Gatwick and Dover and the Kent Coast. Eridge Station is 2 miles away with trains to London and Uckfield.
|Useful telephone numbers:
· Dentist. Blockley Partners, Mount Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells, TN4 8BH 01892 542141
· Doctors Surgery. The Nook, Withyham Road, Groombridge. TN3 9QP 01892 863326
· Hospital. Pembury Hospital Pembury, Kent. TN2 4QJ 01892 823535
· The access code is Bonds 1234
· To ensure the stove works efficiently please follow the instructions below:
i) Do not overfill the stove with wood, wood should not be held in place by door
ii) Do not leave the stove door open once it is alight
iii) When the stove is lit, the controls on the vents should be open and pushed to the left. Once the fire is burning strongly the levers on the vents should be moved at least halfway to right and if you are leaving the fire or at night time, push the levers fully to the right to close the vents.
iv) there is a black metal bucket for ash should you need it.