Booking Terms & Conditions
Please read all clauses. Whether or not signed by you, These Terms & Conditions shall be deemed to be an undertaking and acknowledgement by you that you accept on behalf of yourself and all other persons included in the party, all the Terms & Conditions set out herein. In the following, “we” means “the owner” of Broadwater Forest Cottages, “you” or “your” means the party leader. Please note carefully: The contract between you and the owner gives you the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only. Once a property is booked, the contract is between you and the owner and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
Clarification of Your Booking Contact When you submit a booking request this does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by us in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by email and on payment of the deposit.
Occupying the property
- You will be responsible for all persons staying or visiting the property and should ensure that they are aware of the booking conditions.
- Under no circumstances may the number of people occupying the property exceed four personsThe owner reserves the right to curtail your holiday if this condition is not observed and no refunds will be given.
- The property must be used solely for holiday purposes and you must not sub-let the property, or any part of the property, or any equipment from the property.
- You will be liable to the owner for any loss, costs, expenses or claims arising from any damage caused to the property and/or its contents by deliberate or negligent acts or omissions by you or of any person in your party (fair Wear and Tear excepted). If, as a result of such damage, the property or any of its contents need to be repaired or any of the contents need to be replaced then you will be responsible for paying the reasonable costs of doing so.
- Before your arrival, the property will have been thoroughly cleaned, you must keep the property and its contents in a clean and tidy condition and furniture should not be moved around the property. You must leave the house in the condition that you find it, i.e. all crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils, cooker, refrigerator, baths and sinks in a clean condition and furniture in its proper place. The owners reserve the right to make a charge for any tenant who leaves the house or equipment excessively dirty which will be taken from the housekeeping deposit
- If requested, you must allow representatives, tradesmen or the owner reasonable access to the property during Your stay. Wherever possible, you will be contacted in advance.
No “Hen” or “Stag” events/children under 12
We do not accept bookings for Hen or Stag events.
- Flying Horse Cottage and Bond’s Cottage Barn are not designed for children under 12 years of age. The garden is unfenced and there is a pond and woodland.
We do not allow dogs to be brought into the cottages.
This property operates a No Smoking Policy and must be observed by you and all members of your party. The owner reserve the right to curtail your holiday if this condition is not observed. No refunds will be given and the owner reserves the right to levy an extra charge where additional cleaning is incurred from a breach of this condition.
Arrival & Departure
Access is from 4.00 p.m. on the day of arrival and properties must be vacated by 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure as the owners need time to clean and to prepare the cottages for the next guests. Since the Covid 19 Pandemic we do not have the flexibility to vary these times as it is taking us longer to clean and prepare the cottages.
Payment of Deposits and Balances
A deposit of one half the rent is payable on confirmation of bookings. The balance of the total rent plus a refundable housekeeping deposit of £150 is due 7 days before your arrival. Upon payment of the deposit and subject to the acceptance of the booking, the applicant becomes liable for the balance of the rent for the full period of the letting. So long as the cottage is left in the condition in which it was found the £150 housekeeping deposit will be returned in full.
Once a booking is confirmed you are responsible for the total cost of the holiday. “Total” meaning both deposit and balance payments.
- In the event of cancellation by you we will endeavour to re-let the property and, if successful, may refund any monies paid less the deposit and a £25 administration fee.
- We strongly recommend that you take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance as we are unable to do this on your behalf.
If for any reason beyond our control (i.e. fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property) we have to cancel your booking, you will refunded the full amount of the booking, including the deposit. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the cost based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
Liability under contract
- You are liable to pay for any breakages or damage at replacement value. If there is damage/are breakages please fill out the form left in the folder in the living so we are able to replace items for next guests. Please note we will not charge for minor breakages.
- The owners shall not be liable for any loss, damage, expenses, accident, injury or inconvenience whether to person or property which you or any other person may suffer or sustain arising out of this contract. However, we do not seek to exclude or limit liability for negligence.
- The owners give all information and make all statements in good faith, and uses its best endeavours to check, so far as it is reasonably able, all information given to the applicant. The owners shall not, however, in any event, be liable for any damage or loss resulting from information given or statements made whether made orally or in writing.
- The property owner or his representatives shall be allowed access to the holiday accommodation at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
- If you have a complaint during your stay, please email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately specifying your complaint. No complaints can be considered after your departure from the property.
Problems should be brought to our attention as soon as possible after your arrival in the property or if they arise during your stay – please e-mail email@example.com Please note that we cannot act on any problems brought to our attention after you have left and would wish to try and resolve any issue as it arises. The owner’s email address is above and the mobile is 07817 647334. English Law applies to all contractual obligations arising out of these Booking Conditions.
English Law applies to all contractual obligations arising out of these Booking Conditions.